Automotive Training & Development is growing due to the huge desire for our sales training seminars. Great Earnings Potential to the right trainer.
Your efforts will be supported by our marketing efforts, to include telemarketing, informative email blasts, direct mail and other methods of communicating out message to the dealers.
SALES TRAINER JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Attend week-long sales training program in the Greater Boston area. Training is free, but the sales trainer must pay for his own travel, meals, and lodging.
2. Telephone the dealer’s contact person (generally the sales manager) to arrange logistics, make sure there is a private space for interviews, and identify a suitable space for training.
3. Before training begins, meet with and interview the contact person to learn about their way of doing business, why a prospective sales person would want to work for them, and what they are looking for. Develop a personal relationship.
4. For new recruits, the process involves a five-day recruitment and training cycle:
a. Monday & Tuesday. Interview prospective candidates, showing respect for their experience and desire to change their life. Use Automotive Training & Development’s interview sheet to identify those that are highly motivated and have a strong work ethic. Explain the training program and collect training fees. Fax or e-mail daily reports.
b. Wednesday-Friday. Provide training to candidates following the training protocol and manual. Motivate and inspire trainees.
c. Friday Morning. Review the training and teach trainees how to conduct a successful job interview. Trainees are interviewed by the dealership in the afternoon.
d. At the end of the training. Go over the course with the dealership’s contact person, so he/she knows what you have trained them on and they still need to acquire product knowledge for this manufacturer. Encourage them to provide ongoing support, and let them know you are available for ongoing assistance. Ask if they are interested in advanced training for their current staff and if they can give you referrals.
e. During the evenings, visit or call dealers close by and explain our program, let them know you may have some fully trained sales people that are highly qualified, and see if they are interested in hiring any of the people the host dealer does not hire..
f. Friday night or Saturday. Send in your paperwork to the office.
5. For seasoned professionals, the training lasts 1 ½ to 2 days. The trainer provides advanced training following the training protocol, goes over the course with the dealership’s contact person, encourages ongoing support, offers ongoing assistance, inquires about additional training needs, and requests referrals.
6. Maintain close contact with the office, engage in continuous learning, and mentor other trainers as appropriate. Provide telephone support to trainees upon request.
Candidate Requirements: At least 15 years of experience in automotive sales, management, and/or sales training. Great communication and people skills, strong work ethic, attention to detail, ability to motivate and inspire others, respect for cultural diversity, and empathy. Dependability, responsibility, initiative, and problem solving skills, high energy, and desire to help self and others get ahead.
Great earnings potential and we also offer a positive work environment that encourages growth.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org